Asparagus,Tempeh Stir Fry In Garlic sticky sauce
3/4 Cup maple syrup
1/4 Cup soy sauce (I used Braggs)
3 Tablespoons agave (optional)
1/2 + 2 Tablespoons cup water
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
4 Large cloves of garlic minced
1/2 Teaspoon ginger minced (I grate mine)
1/2 Onion chopped
14 Asparagus or more to taste
1 Tablespoon oil (evoo)
1 Brick tempeh
- Steam the tempeh for 15 min.
- While tempeh is steaming mince your garlic and ginger, cut your onion and chop your asparagus into 3.
- Mix together the maple syrup, soy sauce, agave, minced garlic, ginger, and water.
- Put into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of water with cornstarch and whisk it into the bubbling sauce mix.
- Lower heat and continue to whisk until completely combined.
Set sauce aside.
- In a medium pan heat, 1 teaspoon oil Sautee your asparagus and onion until tender.
- Cut your tempeh into bite-sized pieces and add to onions and asparagus.
- Throw on your sauce mix it. Serve over rice or favorite stir-fry base. Enjoy!