This Beet Tartare is so easy to make and looks so fancy. With the orange balsamic reduction giving it a beautiful sweet and tangy flavor even a person with beet hostility will enjoy.
2 Large boiled beets (skin removed)
1/4 Cup balsamic orange reduction
(1/2 Cup balsamic
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1 Teaspoon orange zest
1 Tablespoon Sugar)
olive oil for drizzling – optional
Make the balsamic orange reduction…
- In a small pot add all balsamic orange reduction ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling turn heat down to low and simmer for 10- 15 minutes. (will reduce and thicken to half)
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cut your beets into little cubes.
- Add the Balsamic orange reduction.
- Set aside for Balsamic reduction to fully cool on the beets.
- Place into a mold on a plate if you have one if not spoon onto a plate.
Serve cold with crusty bread or on its own as a salad.
Drizzle with olive oil.