Chili Cheeze Wedges with BBQ Smoke Flavored Crispy Chickpeas.
Ingredients Potato Wedges:
4 Large Potatoes
2 tablespoons oil
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut potatoes into wedges. (cut potatoes in half lengthwise then in half again lengthwise then once more lengthwise)
- Place cut potatoes on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes start to turn golden flip over and bake for 15 more minutes or until potatoes are cooked and brown on both sides.
Ingredients for Cheeze:
1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Small onion roughly chopped
1 Large Potato roughly chopped
2 Large Carrots roughly chopped
1 Celery Stalk roughly chopped
3 Cups water
2 Vegetable bouillon cubes
1 Heaping tablespoon Dark miso paste (light also works)
1 Cup raw sunflower seeds (soaked and rinsed well)
1/2 Cup nutritional yeast
2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
1 Teaspoon Agar Agar (optional)
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
dash turmeric (mostly for colour)
1/2 Teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add onion and saute until soft about 2 minutes.
- Add the potato, carrots, and celery.
- Pour water over top, adding the vegetable bouillon, sunflower seeds, and miso paste.
- Give it a quick stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer
- Simmer until potatoes, carrots, and celery are soft.
- Transfer to the blender while still hot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and fully combined.
*** (see other post for crispy chickpeas)
if making chickpeas at the same time as potatoes you can make them as you bake your potatoes.)