2 Teaspoons egg replacer + 2 Tablespoons warm water
1 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 Cup quick oats
1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup sugar
1 Cup fresh strawberries chopped
1/4 Cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 Cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix egg replacer and warm water and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and give a quick stir.
- In a separate bowl with an electric hand mixer mix the oil, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar and egg replacer.
- Whip on high speed for 1 minute. add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.
- Mix the fresh strawberries, chocolate chips, and shredded coconut together then stir them into the mixture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment or a silicone mat and scoop a heaping tablespoon of mixture onto the parchment ( the cookies expand very minimally.)
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, prepare your chocolate dip
1 Cup chocolate chips (dairy-free)
1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Add chocolate chips to a glass bowl.
- Add the coconut oil on top of the chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir.
- If not fully melted place back in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Dip your strawberry cookies into the chocolate and set on a wire rack to cool.
Strawberry picking. Here are a few of the beauties we collected while strawberry picking.
Some perks to living in a small town in Quebec is the U-PICK season.
The middle to late June is usually strawberry picking season in Quebec. A great fun activity that can take a lot or a little bit of time depending on your picking location.
I went with my kids, my niece, nephews, and mother in law. We spent 2 hours and were able to collect about 8 baskets of strawberries and I’m sure the kids ate about 1 full basket.