2 1/4 Teaspoons Active Yeast or 1 pack
1 1/2 Cups warm water,(baby bath water temp)
1/8 Teaspoon sugar
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 Cups flour
2 Tablespoon Italian herb mix
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (for the top)
12 Cherry tomatoes cut in half (for topping)
12 Pitted Kalamata olives sliced in half (for topping)
- In a medium-large bowl combine the yeast, sugar sea salt and 1/2 cup warm water. (I like to only put half cup because I find the yeast activates more quickly and better.)
- Set aside for about 5 -15 minutes until the yeast activates and puffs up.
- Measure out your flour and mix in the Italian herbs. set aside until yeast is active.
- Oil a large glass bowl with olive oil and set aside.
- Now that the yeast is active slowly pour the flour and herb mixture into the yeast stirring with a spoon or your hand.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of water and stir until combined.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute then transfer to an oiled glass bowl.
- Cover with a warm damp cloth and allow to rise for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Once the dough has risen punch it down and roll it out to the desired shape.
- Poke with your fingers.
- Paint it with olive oil, place olives and tomatoes.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
*enjoy dipping into some balsamic vinegar and oil.