Pumpkin Soup with Sweet Potato
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
3 Leaks sliced (white part only, washed well to remove any dirt)
1 large Sweet potato peeled and chopped
2 fresh Sage leaves
1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
2-pound pumpkin Pumpkin peeled and chopped in cubes
1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
4-6 Cups Vegetable broth (thick soup add 4 cups to thin add additional stock to desired texture)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add leaks, Stirring until soft about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (not the toppings)
- Cook until pumpkin and sweet potato are soft.
- Transfer to blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowls top with pumpkin seeds pomegranate and salt and pepper to taste.