1 Cup Yellow split peas (wash according to package directions)
1 Medium onion Chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Celery root (bulb only skin removed, chopped or sub 3 celery stalks)
1 Large carrot or 3 small carrots, diced
1 Teaspoon thyme
5 Cups of vegetable broth
- Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add chopped onions
- Sautee 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low
- Cook until yellow split peas are soft (approximately 15-20 minutes)
- Remove 1 cup of cooked split peas mix and set aside.
- Transfer the remaining soup to a blender and blend until desired texture is reached.
- Return 1 cup of non pureed mix to soup and serve hot.