1 Cup water
3/4 Cup dill pickle juice(brine from the jar)
1 Cup sunflower seeds (boiled 15 min and rinsed)
1/4 Cup tofu
1/4 Cup nutritional yeast
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 Teaspoons lactic acid powder (can sub lemon juice)
1 Teaspoon onion powder
3/4 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon dried dill
3 Tablespoons tapioca flour
2 Tablespoons kappa carrageenan
1 Large dill pickle (minced about 3 tablespoons)
- In a blender add the water, pickle juice(brine), sunflower seeds, tofu, nutritional yeast, oil, lactic acid, onion powder, and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Once smooth add the tapioca flour and kappa carrageenan and pulse to combine.
- In a pot over medium heat add the blender mixture and bring to a bubble mix continuously for about 10 minutes.
- Quickly stir in the dill and the pickle,
- pour into a container of choice.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place in fridge for an hour and it’s ready to serve and eat.
*You will know the cheese is done when it starts to pull away from the pot.