2 Cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 Cup Oats
1/2 Cup bread crumbs of choice
2 Teaspoons ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Small sweet potato (boiled until tender)
1 Small potato (boiled until tender)
1/8 Cup red pepper chopped
1/8 Cup green pepper chopped
1/4 Cup corn
2 Green onions chopped
1/4 Cup chopped walnuts
1/4 Cup sweet chili sauce
- In a food processor, add the black beans, oats, bread crumbs and cumin. Pulse until combined and beans are mashed but still some remain whole.
- Add the cooked sweet potato and potato pulse a few times.
- Transfer bean mixture to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands mashing any remaining pieces of potatoes.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixture
- Using your hand’s roll mixture into a ball and slightly squish to form the hamburger patty shape
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan
- Add the patty to oil and lightly brown the bean burger
- Remove from pan and place on silicone lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
*scoop out and roll smaller balls to create an awesome burger slider!