2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Onions, chopped
1/2 Green pepper, chopped
1/2 Red pepper, chopped
1/2 Multicolor pepper (can sub yellow or orange pepper)
1 Small jalapeno, chopped small
2 Cups white mushrooms (about 12 mushrooms) chopped
1 Tablespoon HP sauce
2 Cans tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons cumin
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1/2 Teaspoon basil
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon white pepper
2 Teaspoon smoked spanish paprika
1 Can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 Can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Can navy beans or white beans drained and rinsed
1/2 Cup corn about 1 1/2 fresh corn cut off the cob
1 Tomato diced (optional)
2 Cans water (tomatoes sauce cans)
1 Tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil at medium heat.
- Add onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- Saute until onion is soft.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes.
Serve hot garnish with cilantro.